From JETAADC Member:
Dear Fellow JETs and FoJs, Below is a job announcement that came through JASW’s email. If anyone is interested, please contact the law firm directly.
We are currently seeking to hire a person for our legal assistant/administrative assistant position having the following qualifications:
- Fluent in Japanese and English to assist DC intellectual property lawyers and Japanese staff in dealing with Japanese and U.S. clients.
- Experience in English and Japanese word-processing software.
- Interest in intellectual property issues (preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree desired, but not required.
- Technical/scientific background is a plus, but not required.
- Prepare documents in patent and trademark matters. (No prior knowledge or experience required.)
- Research, file and obtain copies of patent and trademark documents at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Assist in administrative functions including typing, accounting, copying, etc.
- Part-time or full-time. Salary DOE.
- Will consider sponsoring H1-B Visa for the right applicant.