Aflac International Inc. in Tokyo is looking for a Government Affairs
Specialist to handle a wide range of duties as a member of a
highly-effective government relations team. Aflac — the #1 life
insurance provider in Japan in terms of policies in force — is a Fortune 200 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenues in Japan.
Responsibilities include researching and writing policy papers,
presentations, and other advocacy materials; close monitoring of
legislative and regulatory developments in Japan and the United States; providing a variety of staff support for senior executives; and project management, including event planning. A close attention to detail, multitasking, and the ability to work under tight deadlines are all key skills for this position.
Compensation competitive and commensurate with experience and skills.
– Strong interest in public policy
– Superior English writing ability (native English a must)
– Business-level Japanese
– Graduate degree preferred (international affairs or related field)
– 3+ years of professional experience
– Strong Word and PowerPoint skills
– Excellent organizational, communications, and teamwork skills
– A sense of humor