One of JETAADC’s goals is to support our local community through volunteer work and charity. We encourage our members to join us as opportunities arise. For announcements on upcoming events, please visit our Google Group or Facebook page.
Continuing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Washington English Center: Based in D.C., with locations in Columbia Heights and Laurel, MD, Washington English Center offers low cost and free adult ESL classes to the community. Classes are taught team-taught by volunteers, and teachers and tutors are always needed. If you would like to volunteer, please apply on the Washington English Center website.
- KID Museum in Bethesda: JETAADC has worked with the National Children’s Museum in the past with positive feedback. They are now closed, but we’re looking to continue our relationship with the new KID Museum. If you are interested in getting involved, please either contact Director of Cultural Programs Lisa Hershey Zurer at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you’re with JETAADC.
- Dupont Circle Village: Recommended as a great organization and meaningful experience by one of our members, Dupont Circle Village describes itself as a “non-profit neighborhood organization that connects aging residents to services and cultural/social activities.” For more information, please check out the link to their volunteer page, above.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
Check back for upcoming opportunities!
- JASW’s Annual Tidal Basin Clean-up (3/5/2016)
- JET/JETAADC Panel @ Katsucon (2/13/2016)
- JETAADC @ the JCAW Shinshun Matsuri (New Year’s Festival) (1/31/2016)
- Canned food drive at JETAADC Bonenkai (12/13/2015)
- Japanese Americans’ Care Fund’s (JACF) Annuel Bazaar (11/22/2015)
- Clean Up at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens for National Public Lands Day (9/26/2015)
- Hands on DC: Back to School (8/22/2015)
- Farewell Reception for Departing JETs (7/31/2015)
- Children’s Day at the KID Museum (5/2, 5/3/2015)
- Sakura Matsuri Street Festival (4/11/2015)
- TOMODACHI Tour Groups Volunteering (3/22)
- Cup of Joe Program volunteering (2/21/2015)
- 2014 Bounenkai Food Drive (12/14/2014)
- Japanese Americans’ Care Fund Arts and Crafts Bazaar (11/2/2014)
- National Public Lands Day @ Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (9/27/2014)
- DCPS Beautification Day 2014 (8/23/2014)
- Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens Lotus and Water Lily Festival (7/19/2014)
- Safeway BBQ Battle 2014 (6/21/2014)
- Red Shoe Run and Walk 5k (3/30/2014)
- Karma Kitchen (2/23/2014)
- Bounenkai Canned Food Drive (12/8/2013)
- National Public Lands Day @ Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens (9/29/2013)
- 2013 JET Farewell Reception (8/2/2013)
- Japanese American Citizens League National Convention (July, 2013)
- Safeway’s Annual BBQ Battle (6/23/2013)
- Cinco de Mayo Grown-Up Field Day (5/5/2013)
If you think JETAADC can be of help to your organization, or if you’re a member with a cause or event you’d like to recommend, please send an email to email@example.com.