COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
CENTER ON JAPANESE ECONOMY AND BUSINESS
Associate Director for Administration
The Associate Director for Administration will engage in executing programs and overseeing day-to-day activities of the Center on Japanese Economy and Business. The employee will report to directly to the Director for Administration as well as work collaboratively with faculty directors and other officers of the Center.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand and carry out the Center’s mission by working closely with the Director for Administration to execute and oversee day-to-day administrative activities of the Center. Help Director in assigning tasks and monitoring performance of program staff.
- Coordinate production of Center events. Maintain and monitor the quality and content of the Visiting Fellows Program.
- Work with Center’s Academic and Administrative Directors to find opportunities for engaging CBS faculty in research related to Japan.
- Lead efforts to update, improve and maintain the Center’s website, reports, email campaigns and other public relations outreach materials; liaise with the Business School Marketing and Communications office on key PR efforts
- Assist the Director in conceptualizing and executing a variety of academic and outreach activities, including programs for students, alumni, faculty, and industry professionals.
- Assist Director with creating Center marketing and fundraising materials.
- Play a lead role in managing the Center’s new program, entitled “New Financial Architectures: Japan and the US.”
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 4-6 years experience in a related field. Must be a proven team player, an experienced staff manager, able to work cooperatively in small groups as well as independently, and manage multiple projects with changing deadlines.
Strong knowledge of and experience with public relations in a non-profit setting.
Japan-related experience highly preferred.
Submit all applications via the Jobs at Columbia website: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1278599679364
Established at Columbia Business School in 1986 under the direction of Professor Hugh Patrick, the Center on Japanese Economy and Business (CJEB) promotes knowledge and understanding of Japanese business and economics in an international context. The Center is a research organization widely recognized for its international programs, which provide prominent speakers from the public and private sectors a forum for collaboration and reflection on Japan, the United States, and the global economy.