The Washington, DC chapter of the Japan Exchange and Teaching Program Alumni Association is one of 19 chapters in the United States that represents and promotes the interests of former JET Program participants.
JETAADC is a non‐profit organization founded in 1990, which currently operates under the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR). Having a network of people with shared abroad experiences can be not only comforting while you make your transition back to the US, but also beneficial as the association can present you with numerous career and volunteer opportunities.
- To provide a forum for JET alumni in the Washington, DC area through regular meetings, social events, community outreach projects, and email updates through Google Groups
- To assist JETAA members who move into the Washington, DC area
- To support career development of the region’s JET alumni
- To support the Embassy of Japan in promoting, recruiting and preparing new participants for the JET Program
- To foster interaction among JET alumni and Washington’s Japanese community and organizations
- To liaise with other Japan‐related organizations working to promote greater understanding of Japan in the Washington, DC area and of Washington, DC in Japan.
- Networking events and other business related activities
- Career and Graduate School Forum and other post-JET development opportunities
- Bonenkai, trivia nights, book club, baseball games, Nihongo Dake dinners, and other social activities
- Outreach/Volunteer Activities
- Cross Cultural Activities such as participation in Sakura Matsuri
- Information provision through our newsletter, blog, website, and email list.
JETAA Websites and mailing lists
JETAADC website: www.jetaadc.org
JETAA USA: www.jetaausa.com
JETWIT (A site for the JET alumni freelance and professional community): jetwit.com
JETAA international website: www.jetalumni.org
Facebook page: JETAADC