In celebration of the JET Program’s 30th Anniversary, JETAADC is hosting a Photo Contest so that members can share memories from their time on JET!
Categories and Selection
- Life on JET: 1987-1996
- Life on JET: 1997-2006
- Life on JET: 2007-2016
Submissions should be entered into the category for the year the alum began the JET Program.
Selection of Winners & Prizes
There will be two winners from each category, for a total of 6 winners. Winners will be announced in January. In addition we will also share the following:
- Fan Favorite: Based on the number of Facebook likes received on the photo, which will be displayed on the JETAA DC Facebook Page from January 1 – 15
- Board Favorite: Based off a consensus from the JETAA DC Board
The winners will receive:
- A printed, matted, and framed copy of their photo
- Their photo displayed on the JETAADC Website and at future Japan-related events.
Contest Guidelines and Submission
- Deadline: December 20, 2017 by 11:59PM EST
- Submissions: All photos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo Quality/Resolution: Please submit the highest quality photo possible (ideally 300+dpi). Limit of three submissions per person.
- For older photos, please send in the highest resolution scan of the photo possible. If your photo wins your category, we will work with you to determine the best option for your prize.
- Captions: The photos should be accompanied by text that includes:
- Your full name, prefecture, and years on JET
- A brief story (150 characters or less) about the photo
- Let us tag you: Please include with your submission your facebook @ name, let’s show everyone who’s photo it is!
- PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE RELEASE AGREEMENT: By submitting the above-mentioned photos and text, you are giving JETAA DC permission to edit and use such photos and text for spreading awareness of the JET Program. You are also confirming that you are the copyright owner of the Photographic Image(s) or have the right to grant permission to use the Photographic Image(s) without any violation of third party rights including but not limited to copyright, privacy and the right of publicity.